Tell us about your organisation and its journey to date.
Being a global leader in clinical diagnostics, Beckman Coulter Diagnostics has challenged convention to elevate the diagnostic laboratory’s role in improving patient health for more than 80 years. Our mission is to ‘Relentlessly Reimagine Healthcare, One Diagnosis at a Time’.
We continue our journey by applying the power of science, technology, and the passion and creativity of our teams. We focus on delivering smarter and faster diagnostic solutions that move the needle forward from what’s now to what’s next.
Our diagnostic solutions are used in complex clinical testing, in hospitals, and in reference laboratories around the world. We focus on accelerating care with an extensive clinical menu, scalable lab automation technologies, insightful clinical informatics, and optimising lab performance services.
How has the organisation evolved to address the challenges of an ever-changing healthcare sector? Please list some accomplishments.
Looking at the growing challenges in the healthcare sector, particularly the laboratory diagnostics segment, Beckman Coulter has taken several steps over the last few years to support the fast-paced advancement of this important segment. The increasing demand for automation is met with the launch of the state-of-the-art DxA 5000 Laboratory Automation system, which focuses on improving workflow, efficiency, and turnaround time.
Additionally, we introduced a new hematology technology that assists in the diagnosis of sepsis, a major health challenge that threatens the lives of thousands every year. The expansion of the available testing menu to additional cardiology and antipsychotic areas has helped many patients across the world toward our vision of ‘Relentlessly Reimagine Healthcare, One Diagnosis at a Time’.
Tell us about your recent and upcoming investments and partnerships in this field.
Recently, Beckman Coulter announced the acquisition of StoCastic, LLC., a leading artificial intelligence company that provides evidence-based decision support for hospital emergency departments. This acquisition will be a cornerstone of Beckman Coulter’s artificial intelligence enabled Clinical Decision Support portfolio, a growing field that aims to further improve patient care by leveraging data-driven insights to clinicians and optimise clinical decision-making.
StoCastic’s decision support tool seamlessly integrates Electronic Health Record systems and routine emergency department workflow. Beckman Coulter’s investment in Clinical Decision Support (CDS) is a great example of its relentless efforts to further improve patient care.
What will you be showcasing at Medlab Middle East 2023?
Medlab Middle East allows us to showcase our innovative Core laboratory solutions. During this year’s exhibition, we will be displaying our:
- DxA 5000Fit - our newest automation solution introduces a fundamentally improve approach to laboratory workflow by making intelligent automation accessible to midsized laboratories.
- DxC 700 AU - chemistry analyser that brings together the simplicity and intuitiveness of the DxC platform and the robust throughput of the AU technology. This is the latest innovation in a line of reliable chemistry systems for mid-to-high volume laboratories, that delivers maximal uptime, high reliability, and precise performance.
- UniCel DxI 600 - Access Immunoassay helps laboratories running 40,000-80,000 tests per year meet peak workload demands with throughput of up to 200 tests per hour and up to 60 samples on board. The simplicity of “Load and go” frees up staff for higher-value work.
- DxH 900 - Hematology Analyser delivers accurate, first-analysis results through proprietary VCS technology. With fewer slide reviews and high system reliability for maximum uptime, this powerful analyser streamlines processes to maximise laboratory staff time. The analyser is compatible with clinical informatics and automation solutions to form scalable, customised solutions.
- DxU Iris workcell - Automated Urinalysis Solution eliminates the interruptions of the Urinalysis Workflow. Using industry-leading technology, the system is fully automated, and it streamlines urinalysis workflow by reducing manual review to less than three per cent.
- DxM MicroScan WalkAway - ID/AST microbiology system that delivers trusted detection of emerging and critical antimicrobial resistance with gold-standard MIC accuracy. The bacterial identification and antimicrobial susceptibility testing (ID/AST) system provides streamlined workflows and enhanced performance compared to its predecessors.
In addition to the above, what opportunities are you looking forward to at the upcoming event?
We are looking at meeting up with our customers, having the chance to demonstrate our latest technology and having the opportunity to respond to their queries. Additionally, we look forward to meeting with our business partners coming from different countries and exchanging thoughts on how to better serve our customers.
Please tell us about your plans for the year 2023.
In 2023, and beyond, we will continue expanding our services in the Middle East Africa region, and on an immediate basis, we will enhance our existence in the Sub-Saharan African territory and the French-Speaking African territory.
In Saudi Arabia, we will continue expanding through our established Beckman Coulter local entity, and we will additionally enhance our presence through the regional headquarters project.
In the UAE, the state-of-the-art Vision Center will expand its activities of training and scientific education programmes to several countries from all over the High Growth Markets, looking at hundreds of additional educational activities.
Anything else you would like to add?
The Medlab Congress is a great venue for broadcasting new technologies and benefitting from sharing its scientific lectures and content, and I wish all healthcare attendees to have a great meeting.